Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE LITTLEST LESTER










11 years ago today our precious Kathryn Allena Joy was born. She has definately lived up to the "Joy" in her name. She is my girl with a ready smile and sweet disposition. She announced today that she is now a "pre-teen" which is exciting for her and a little bittersweet for me. My baby is growing up. The traditon in our house is that you get to do your favorite things on your bday(within reason). We started the day with breakfast burritos from McD's before school. After school we headed for the mall to Build a Bear to buy a new bear with a gift card received for her bday from the 3 T's. The food court was next for her fav- Panda Express. Then the candy store, Claires, the toy store and the Pretzel shop where a friend of mine works and gives us yummy treats. The day ended with me tucking her in with her new bear Bubbles and saying a prayer of thanks for her life and for being a special part of our family. I love you baby(or should I say "pre-teen")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Sarah B said...

a trip to the mall...what pre-teen wouldn't love that for their birthday!

love you guys - tell her happy birthday for me!