Wednesday, July 2, 2008

ROADTRIP!












































WE DID IT!
We traveled 5800 miles in a van with 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 pre-teen and lived to tell about it! Everything went really well and we were sooo blessed by family and friends who were willing to host our family along our journey. A HUGE thank you to all of you who did this and those who had us over for meals, etc... I made the comment to a few people that if there is such a thing as overdosing on family time we've done it. We left our house on May 29th and returned home(after a 14 1/2 hour day) on June 22. Our stops along the way were as follows: Topeka, KS to see our dear friends the Brown's and Pruett's. Manitoba, Canada - relatives on my side. Bismark, ND- Daniel's family, including 102 yr old grandma LuLu. Jamestown, ND - lunch with my cousin Renee. Duluth, MN - Daniel's sister, niece and husband and our great-niece. Hudson,WI - my friend Annie and family.While there had a gathering with "the girls" and families, about 30 people in all. Moundsview, MN - my friend Sandy and family. 2 nights at the Boddy's lake place in WI where much fun was had by all. Rapid City, SD - Mt. Rushmore. Broomfield, CO - My Aunt Marty and Uncle Lanny. In between we visited and reconnected with many friends and family, went to Como Zoo, Mall of America and Gooseberry Falls. The memories we made and fun we had will be cherished for years to come.

1 comment:

Cindy Keiger said...

Yay!! Traveling is a great way to keep in touch with family & friends and to enjoy God's creation. I have a young friend in Michigan who said, "You sure travel a lot." I responded with, "Every chance I get!" Fabulous blog, by the way ....